Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Great Stella Rescue

We had a Stella emergency today. Gabe left her at the park yesterday and I went to look for her this afternoon. After looking under all the playground equipment, a couple of teachers from their school asked what I was looking for. I said "a doll".

The teacher pointed to the tree and asked "that doll?"

Yup, that would be the one. He said he saw a couple of boys manhandling her yesterday and then they threw her up in the tree.

I wasn't sure what to tell Gabe - but after school we went to the park to have a look. I was worried he would be traumatised, but he thought it was pretty funny that Stella "climbed all night long" to get up in the tree. I decided we needed to go and buy some rope to assist in the rescue operation, and he was really reluctant to leave the park. He gave a couple of rounds of "STELLLLAAAAA" (which cracks me up every time), "we'll be back."

As you can see, she's pretty high up.




Mike joined us on our rescue mission and held Gabe up to see if he could reach her.



The rope turned out to be unnecessary - a full waterbottle did the trick.



And, once she was down, Gabe wanted her to go back up again. So up she went.



And down she came, much to his joy.



And one of Isaac, just because. This is such a typical expression. He's so funny.