Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Beloved Saige

At their maternity session, Zina and Cole promised me great wall colours for our newborn session. What they forgot to mention was that they would have this beautiful, adorable little girl too. I don't think anyone was quite prepared for just how perfect she would be.



One of my favourite things about seeing parents with their newborns is seeing just how in love they fall. Everyone knows you'll love your kids once they're born, but no-one ever tells you how much having a new baby is like falling in love for the first time.




Cole is serious daddy material. He was in charge of baby smiles during our photo session (including Alexander's).


Saige has the coolest bed ever, courtesy of her grandfather. It hangs from the ceiling on bungee cords, and is right beside Zina and Cole's bed.



And, we all know what this is :). Naked babies = wet floors.



When we were trying to arrange this photo session, I was juggling some scheduling with my kids, as their dad was out of town. Zina said, "oh, bring them along." I was a little nervous, but my boys did great, and were good at showing Cole where their house needs to be baby-proofed. I also discovered I can get bang-on in-focus photos with two children helping me (i.e. playing horse on my back). If I ever get tired of this kind of photography (not likely - I love my job), I feel pretty confident about my skills in a war zone.

And thanks again Zina, Cole and Tas - this was one of my favourite photography sessions ever. You were all so laid back and relaxed, and welcoming to my boys. It was great.