Sunday, January 6, 2008

My Mother's First Book

My Ma wrote her first book. I am so proud of her.

MaryAnn has always been a storyteller - a career intermittent and decelerated by four children, a small (but time consuming farm), a teaching career spanning 25 plus years and just general life stuff.

In 2005, she got brave, chucked her steady job and decided to pursue storytelling full time. Mostly, she is an oral storyteller. I've seen her do her job and she's fantastic.

People have always encouraged her to put her own ideas to paper. A year ago she did, writing a book for my son Gabriel. It took me most of the year to get organised and get the photography together for the book.

And here it is . . .





When my Ma tried to read it to Gabriel, she cried so hard she could barely do it.
Again, so proud.
(all photos taken by Rebecca Lippiatt-Long, with the exception of the duck - courtesy of Massimo via Dreamstime Stock Photography, and the cat taken by Christine ).