Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Olivia and Neil - the wedding

This was a great wedding for a really great couple. There were harps and cheers and even time for beer. Yeah!!!!

Here, Olivia shares a sweet moment with her mom, shortly before the ceremony.


The first wedding I photographed by myself was at Convocation Hall, and the U of A, and I was glad to be back. Its such a beautiful space.

After the ceremony, we did a short session of family portraits, and then wandered about getting cool shots. One of their friends had a great idea to use this zebra crossing (what is that in Canadian anyway?) Here are Olivia and Neil with their best people.
Having a wedding at the university is a great idea, because there are so many beautiful spaces to photograph in, and so many good backgrounds. I walked past this door on the dentistry building on my way to the wedding and managed to find the way back. More cool backgrounds.


The boys walking.
And, everyone jumping. I love this shot.


Olivia looked so lovely and classic. Is she not gorgeous?!
Her handsome groom.
Their great friends and best people. These guys were all so fun. At one point I got a cheer from them all :)




Having everything so close together gave us time to go for pizza and beer before the reception, which I think is a fabulous idea. Brides and grooms never get to eat much at the reception, so in place of the cake shot, here they are feeding each other pizza.




Olivia and Neil are so great together. Their friendship and love for each other shines through.




Off to the Royal Mayfair Golf Club for the reception, and we had time to get a few beautiful pictures with the sun low in the sky.
Olivia put a lot of thought into the decorations and details for their wedding. Each table setting had a silk gift bag on the plate, a printed menu and a name card. I love the orange silk she chose for the chair backings. All the flower arrangements had peacock feathers, which was a beautiful touch.
I think this is my favourite picture from the day. I love how Olivia and Neil are leaning into each other.
I hope you guys have a great honeymoon (France and Italy - I'm so jealous!) Thank you so much for including me in your wedding plans. I had a wonderful day with you.