Sunday, April 5, 2009

Surfer Girls!

First, I cannot believe its been a month since I blogged. I have a good excuse though - I was on holiday (not for the whole month though!)

So stay tuned, this week will be picture heavy as I catch up.

Onto the fun stuff. I can SURF. I am so excited about that. I read Agatha Christie's biography a few years ago, and she went on an around-the-world tour with her second husband, and while in Hawaii, learned to surf. I though, if she could do it, so can I. So, I did.

This is the first time my sister and I have travelled together (despite the fact we've both been travelling for the last 20 years). It was great to explore Maui with her. At first she wasn't sure about the surfing, but after our first lesson, convinced me to sign up for more.

We look a little up-tight in this shot.


But not so much here!

Look how happy she looks! I love it.

Me too.

If you'd like to see the full set, including wipe-outs, check out my Facebook page.
These pictures were taken by Doris Maran, shooting for Na Ka Oi Photo, Surf Photography. If you're looking for pretty shots of yourself while in Maui, check her out.