Monday, August 17, 2009

Jessica and Dustin - the wedding

This was such a special wedding for me to photograph. I've known Jessica's mom since she was about 15. I used to play with her little sister (Jessica's aunt), and we always thought Eileen was so cool. My little sister went to school with Jessica and her sister, and days before the wedding, I clued in that I knew Dustin's mom and grandparents. Then, when Jessica was introducing me to their wedding party, I realised I knew (or was related to, in a third cousin kind of way) half of them.


Then, we did the portraits on the farm where I used to play with Jessica's aunt, and we briefly stopped at the farm where I grew up. That was a little mind-bending.


I was invited to the wedding as a guest, and contracted to do the portraits after the wedding, but I couldn't resist getting a few before the wedding anyway. I love these of Jessica and her mom and dad.

Jessica was such a stunning bride. All the adjectives - radiant, glowing, beautiful - all apply.



Off to the farm . . .

Aunt Cathy did the flowers. They were gorgeous.



Dustin is so good looking, and I want to say "nice" but that word doesn't really do him justice. He is so genuine and open hearted.


Jessica and Dustin wanted photos of their wedding party in a playground. I got some really cool shots, and love this one of Jessica.


A beautiful, semi-serious shot. It was hard for Jessica to keep a straight face. She loves to laugh.



This was one of the last shots of the day, and one of my favourites. I love the metaphorical level of flare shots. It looks like Dustin is holding a rainbow in his hand, and Jessica is crowned with light. Good blessings for a wedding day.
Congratulations you two, and thank you for inviting me to be a part of your special day!