Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Canvases - bigger is better

Whenever anyone asks me for my opinion in prints, I always suggest the canvas.

I fell in love with giclée printing when I first saw it a few years ago. The first picture I had done was the orange flower, then the picture of my boys, then Cupid and Psyche (which I took in Paris).

After getting these done, I don't know if I could go back to an 8x10 print (unless there were three of them, on canvas :) hung side by side).

You can hang them straight on the wall, or you can have them framed.

I've found a company whose work (and customer service) is outstanding. All of the clients I've had who've ordered canvases have been thrilled with them.

Here's the flower and my boys. I had these done a couple years ago, and love them (but I did order a second print of Gabe and Isaac for their dad from my current canvas supplier, and was much happier with the result).

Forgive the messy livingroom.


This canvas has a black border (you can get any colour) and is 12x18 inches.

This has a blue border and is 3x4 feet.

In this one, I had the photo wrap around the frame. The canvas is 2x3 feet.

These next two shots show how the canvas is stretched around the frame. You can see the very edge of the picture as it comes around the top, then the white edge of the canvas, which is stapled to the wooden frame. The larger pictures have the cross bars to brace them.

This one comes with hangers. They're cool, and if you can't hammer two nails in a straight line, like me, its ok!