Saturday, February 20, 2010

Birthing

My dear friend Pam Aloisio has officially launched her doula business. Check out her great site here.

For those of you who know me well, you'll know I am passionate about positive, empowering birthing experiences. Both of my boys were born at home with my midwife, Barbara, my doula friend Kimberly and their dad Mike by my side.

I know homebirthing is not for everyone, but I absolutely believe that every woman should have a doula. She will provide you with information about the birthing experience, educate you on your options, hold your hand, rub your back, call you to check up on you many, many times before and after the birth of your baby, provide support to you and the father, advocate on your behalf with medical staff and most importantly become a huge part of your life.

Pam will be an amazing doula. She's loving, compassionate, passionate, adores and respects little people, is super smart, and one cool chick!

Congratulations friend!