Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kim and Martie

These great people are Kim and Martie, and I am really excited about photographing their wedding. First - because they're so good looking.

Second, because they are really FUN! Here, I'm being a big-game hunter, and they're my prey. This was one of the funnest (is that a word?) shoots I've done in a while. You've gotta love people who are up for anything and full of fun ideas.Kim is so beautiful, and sort of mellow.

Martie on the other-hand . . .
How many engagement shoots do you get to do where the groom to be jumps out of trees? And asks if I want to take pictures of his future bride standing on the trellises of the bridge? (Kim turned him down on this one.)
And they are so-stinking-in-love. In a really awesome way!


I knew I was really going to like them when Kim told me about Martie's proposal. Martie surprised her with a trip to London for the weekend (she thought she was going to Vancouver, until after they got through security.) They got bumped to first class (yeah!) and then when they got to London, they went to the Royal Gardens, and Martie told Kim he was going to take a photo of the two of them - like they always do when they travel - and then proposed to her, and caught it on film . How awesome is that?!
Here, Martie shook the tree to get pink petals to fall in the picture.

I'm really looking forward to your wedding guys!!!!!!