Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Canada Day

I know, I know - I'm two weeks late! I even missed Bastille Day by two days.

We spent Canada Day with my best girl Lana, and her awesome family.


Here's Lana showing of her first tattoo, which she dreamed. Its the Cree Syllabary.
Lana's mom, Pearl - its pretty clear where Lana gets her good looks from.

Lana's sister Gabrielle (at the far end of the table)is vying for the title of Ms. Cree Martha Stewart. She decorated the whole house and yard with red streamers and balloons, Canada flags, and had the great idea of making luminarias. No simple folded over paper bags here - no, these were decorated like snowflakes.
This is Trinity, Lana's niece, showing me how she can stick her tongue out where her teeth are missing. Check the flags in her hair.

I've known Trinity, since before she was born. The first time Gabe met her, she bit him, which was his first introduction to the wild world of childhood (don't worry, since then Gabe has more than made up for it!). I was a little worried about the two of them this time because I wasn't sure if he'd remember, but Gabe adored Trinity, who is one smart and sweet little girl.
And of course he adores his Meme too.
Here's Lana and James and their three awesome kids.
And, courtesy of Gabrielle - all the kids had neon light sticks, which they were most impressed with.