Sunday, July 20, 2008

Patricia and Ryan - the wedding

Yesterday, I headed out to Drayton Valley to get pictures of Patricia and Ryan's wedding.

I had a really hard time picking my favourite shot of Patricia, but I really like this one - we had a few quiet moments before she started to get dressed.
Here is a great picture of the women in Patricia's family. Her mom, her baba, her sister (and best girl) and her niece.


I had to throw in two of Brooke, because, how stinking cute is she?!? I loved how mellow Patricia was about her niece's participation in the wedding.

After taking photos of Patricia and her family, I headed over to see Ryan and his boys.

Ryan had this great idea for a picture. I love it!
We did the formals before the ceremony (which is a great idea, by the way, it was really relaxed and laid back, and we had lots of time to get in all the shots we wanted.)
I love these dresses so much. This shade of pink is one of my favourite colours. Everyone looking very GQ.
We did the formal shots at Ryan's boss's acreage. Its a beautiful location, with a pond in the middle. The guys really, really, really wanted to get in the canoe, but Patricia (and I) vetoed the idea - unless it was on dry land. So they did.
Then, after a few glasses of champagne, and some amazing hors d'oeuvres, we headed off to the ceremony - which was beautiful and emotional (I have a lot of pictures of Patricia with a kleenex clutched in her hand through out the day).
This is one of my favourite moments of the day. Ryan's dad is giving a welcome speech to Patricia, and talking about what a wonderful son he has. He is obviously so proud of his son(s) and loves Patricia very much. There weren't many dry eyes in the house. (In this picture, Patricia's sister is beside her, and Ryan's brother on the other side.)
And here, Ryan is telling Patricia how much he loves her, and how much she means to him.

You guys are beautiful together. I hope you have a great honeymoon!