Saturday, January 24, 2009

Canadian Style Picnic

It was so cold here in December, and then we had a week or so break, where it got up to freezing. I was so sick of being housebound, I took 4 children under the age of 3 outside one day. It took us half an hour to get on snowsuits etc. but I didn't care.

On the last day it was (sort of) warm, Gabe asked to go outside to play. I couldn't bear the thought of coming in for lunch, so I dragged the picnic table out and brought lunch to the back yard.

This is how we picnic in this country!

Doesn't Gabe look like Relic with his hat like that? He doesn't like having it over his ears.

Gabe is into spitting/raspberries at the moment. I've got him trained not to do it at the kitchen table, only in the bathroom or outside. He took full advantage.

I love this one. The light at this time of year is beautiful. If only it weren't so stinking cold!
And, one of Isaac dancing (also with his tongue out - what is with my kids?!)