Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ladybugs

I just did a photo essay in the Rat Creek Press about how much I love my neighbourhood, and I really need to add to that - the people who live here are pretty much awesome.

Jenn contacted me (via Barbara - another member of the fan club!) to do family pictures as they have a new baby and her sister was in country from Australia.

Here is the family.



Jenn's son Trystan is one awesomely cool 11-year-old.
Here are Jenn, Iles and baby Chloe.


This shoot made me think about how lucky Trystan and Chloe are. My brother and I are 13 years apart, and after the first two months of his life, where I called him Tomato Head, I fell in love with him. We were close while he was growing up, even though I was usually in a different city or country, and now we're the best of friends. I hope Chloe and Trystan have that kind of relationship.


Chloe from her mother's perspective. Look at her cute little baby hands and sleeping smile.


With Daddy.
And Grandpa (I think she thinks he's cool!)
The tiny wee bug in her very sweet bedroom.

Chloe got this lovely coat from a friend, and we stuck ladybugs all over her. Babies are the best!

It was wonderful to spend the afternoon with you!