Saturday, June 20, 2009

Red hair, and eyelashes!

I met Carmalee and her wonderful family in Fort McMurray last year. Lee was doing a ride to raise funds for MS in Camrose this year, so we took a day trip to see the family and get some photos.

Her boys are as gorgeous as I remember.

Are they not perfect?!
And, so good with each other. Of course, being brothers, there's some scrapping, but they totally look out for each other.
Here is a beautiful picture of Carmalee with her boys. She is delving into photography (which I am very excited to see!), and I know one of the things about being a mom with a camera, you don't often get pictures of yourself with your children. So - I love this one.

Baby Alister is one of the babies in my wee-ones section on my home page. Look at him now. He has eyelashes to die for. Unbelievable! And the sweetest personality.


Ardon has the same eyelashes. Lee tells me they're not so beloved during the school years, but we can heap praise on them now, so they remember it as they are growing up.
Ardon is pretty thoughtful, and comes across as kind of serious. But behind that thinking-all-the-time face is this sweet laughter and smile.

Rowan seemed happy to see me when I arrived. But, not so happy when I pulled out my camera. Which, is ok, because I got some great shots of him with his parents. Another of Alister, discovering the joys of nose-picking. (I think I say somewhere on my site that I will capture pictures of your kids being themselves. And, I was not kidding!) I should probably not have laughed so hard at Alister (reinforcing his behaviour), but I think pretty much everything kids do is cool, so - sorry Carmalee!

And a lovely picture of Carmalee and Lee. How wonderful are they together. Love this picture!


Carmalee loves little boy feet, and really, who doesn't. We tried to get a shot like this last year, but didn't have much luck. This year, I managed to get their sweet, grubby toes.

The promise of rewards is an excellent way to get some photos. Here we are, off for icecream!

Yum.
I adore this picture, and Carmalee is a mother after my own heart - no freaking out about the dirt, or the mess, just clean off the grass and give it back :)After 2 hours, both the boys and I were done. But I managed to get this cool one of Ardon and Rowan climbing on the playground equipment, and jazzed it up with a little funky post processing to make the most of the blue sky and the boys' expressions.

It was wonderful to see you all again, and enjoy!