Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kim and Sean

I love when people say - do whatever you want - when they book me to photograph their sessions.

Kim and Sean found me when they booked their wedding at Convocation Hall at the U of A. We talked via email for a couple of months before meeting and I knew we would be a great fit. They like non-traditional photography and together we came up with a bunch of great ideas.

For their engagement session, we headed downtown to a great graffitti wall - their colours are green, black and white for their wedding, and this green fit in perfectly.

This is the lovely Kim, being adored by Sean.



And the handsome Sean.


I love this pose and the picture.

Across the street from the graffiti is this awesome old garage. I've loved this place for ages and was really happy to be able to use it as a background.



The less savoury parts of town have so much character, and I love it when other people want to come along with me.

How sexy is this picture?!

We headed to the Shaw Conference Centre, where there are giant letters that spell out DREAM. The green one has the E, which is what Sean's last name starts with.

Sean's favourite time of day is in the hour or so before the sun sets - lucky for us both - awesome lighting.

We were getting some silly pictures (the ones previous in the session had Kim and Sean with their sun glasses on the back of their heads) when I realised photographing them from behind was an awesome pose.


Kim has such beautiful hair, so I had them step up on a platform and got her to shake her head so I could catch the sunlight shining through it.
You guys were so much fun!
Congratulations to you, and I'm really excited to photograph your wedding.