Sunday, May 31, 2009

Meagan and Kelly

Photography is about relationships, and relationships are based on trust. So, I always feel so honoured when someone I know in another area of my life asks me to photograph their wedding.

Meagan taught my sons at their preschool, and they ADORE her - because she, (and her fiance Kelly) are pretty cool.


Meagan is camera shy, so lets just get out of the way right now how gorgeous she is and how much the camera loves her. One of the reasons I include engagement photography in my wedding packages is to build our trust. When the wedding day comes around, I want my brides (and grooms) to know how beautiful they are and just relax when I'm there.



Meagan and Kelly's wedding is in Ardrossan, on his parent's acreage. There will be lots of beautiful nature background there, so we wanted to get some contrasting images for their engagement session - still using their wedding colours though - silver, blue and black - so off to my favourite graffiti wall in Edmonton.




We started with the graffiti (by the way, I am looking for a graffiti artist - drop me a line if you know someone) and started heading to Edmonton City Hall. On our way, we found this uber-cool sign, hidden by an electric box.

Sexy!

Off to the new Art Gallery of Alberta. I cannot wait until this is done - its going to be one of my favourite places to shoot, I can tell. We had an awesome discussion about architecture, and would just like to give a shout out to whoever commissioned and approved this design.


Perhaps the people at Edmonton City Hall? We found this beautiful walkway.

This is my favourite picture of the day. Gorgeous sunlight, beautiful people.



I can't wait until your wedding!

And, a big thank you to Renee from Shaun and Renee Photography who came out to second shoot with me. Check out her shots from our e-session on her blog.