Sunday, May 17, 2009

Long hair hippie kids

I get lots of comments about Gabe's hair. Its beautiful, and I am very attached to it, but we also get lots of comments about him looking like a girl. He's started getting really chatty with strangers and starts out with This is my brother Isaac, and I'm Gabe and we're both boys here. No girls. Except my mom. She's a girl (and sometimes they get an anatomy lesson too, while I turn slightly red). I have long hair and I'm a boy.

Apparently, I come by my refusal to cut his hair honestly. This is my dad, who also had long hair until he was 4. He and my mom just returned from England, where he took this picture of himself as a boy.

And no, that doesn't mean I plan to cut Gabe's hair now that he's 4 :), just in case you were wondering. I've told Gabe he can get his hair cut when he's ready. He said he'll do it when he's a man like his Papa.

Isaac on the other hand wants to get his hair cut like his dad's. I'm so sad. We're going for a field trip to the barber tomorrow. I don't know that he will actually follow through, but if he does, I might cry a little, or a lot.