Monday, May 4, 2009

Single Mamas rock

Mother's day is coming out, and I just have to give a shout-out to all the single mothers.

While I am a glass-half-full kind of person, focussing on the positive and keep telling people that being a single mama is in many ways easier than being partnered, its still a tough gig.

So, with mother's day coming up, please remember the single mothers in your life. I would suggest that one person in your circle of family/friends be responsible for making sure that your mama is taken care of for mother's day - from here on out. Take her child(ren) shopping for flowers or something lovely, every year, so she never has to send her kids to the store with $5 so they can buy her a card.

I also have to give a note of gratitude to my boys' dad. Every year for mother's day (and my birthday), he takes Gabe and Isaac shopping, brings them over and they (very excitedly) give me my gift. Thanks Mike - I really appreciate it.

And now I will introduce Liezl and Carter, who are both delightful and lovely.


A duplicate of the above picture. I was playing around with different post processing. Let me know which one you like better.

Liezl's brother came with her to our session, and had no intention of having his picture taken, but I'm wily with my camera and couldn't resist getting pictures of Carter with his uncle. They already have a great, loving relationship. And they look great in their hats.

So sweet!
Beautiful.
My absolute favourite - Liezl looks like the Madonna in this picture. I love it.
Here, Carter looks like he's about to kick me. Stop taking my picture, already. It is very un-him, as he was an absolute dream during our session.
It was wonderful to meet you all.
I almost forgot! As an added bonus, Mohammed said, all single mamas go straight to heaven. I sometimes remind myself of that at 3 am.